You'd be surprised at how easy it can be to make some really cute cat toys that are eco-friendly. We've found a few that we would love to share with you. Your cats are going to have as much fun playing with them as you'll have making them.
Some of the materials you may have laying around the house or garage and some things can also be found at craft stores, garage sales, thrift stores or even in your very own kitchen or bathroom. It's always fun to repurpose eco-friendly materials.
- Cat Fish Toy – Cats love to go fishing and this cat toy is so easy, even the kids can make it, all you need is some old cotton socks and organic cat nip. Add a string and hang from anything or attach to a long stick..easy, easy, easy!
- Cardboard Cat Playhouse – We know how much cats love boxes, just cut out some windows and a door and away you go. This project is for a two story house, but a single story will work just as well.
- Cat Toy – this is easily made with any old cotton t-shirt you may think you need to get rid of…stop, cause this is perfect for your lovable cat. Fill with organic catnip and your cat will be snuggling up close to it in no time at all.
- Cat Scratch Pad – This recycled cardboard kitty pad is super easy to make. If painting the outside, just be sure to use a acrylic that's safe and eco-friendly or just simply skip the paint. Your cat won't even notice.
- Cat Mouse Toy – called a menswear mouse toy because mens wool suit fabrics used, but pattern works great with any old cotton or felt you have around to make it your own…instead of filling with polyfill, cut up some small pieces of an old cotton undershirt and mix with some organic catnip to keep it eco-friendly. Sewing it by hand instead of machine can be easily done also.
- Tissue Box & Paper Towel Roll Cat Toy – Now this is something we all have in our kitchen & bathroom…who knew we could repurpose this stuff into cat toys??
So there you have it, six easy do-it-yourself eco-friendly cat toys.
We didn't invent the wheel here, just used things we had around the house…just like they did years ago when there wasn't a huge pet store right around the corner. That was back in the good old days when we didn't have to worry about climate change or global warming or being green. So let your imagination run free.